PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart PNG Theory
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2018, 07:30
David Billings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@propertee64

No, not really.... nothing has changed for me to discard "my unwavering" thoughts on the matter.

As far as I am concerned and where my thoughts are, like any pilot, her thoughts would be on getting to somewhere which would mean the aircraft would be in one piece, she had already busted it once that year. The whole complexity of the events and the later found evidence point to the Electra being on that hill, that is all I can think.

On the one hand we have an aircraft type fabled for its' long range, think this particular one, C/N 1055 which did have a Flight Plan for 4307 statute miles across the Sahara from DAKAR to ADEN in 28 hours and 40 minutes, then think of C/N 1065 "The Daily Express, flown by Merrill and Lambie across the Atlantic (twice) in 1937 and later this same C/N 1065 used by Sir Hubert Wilkins in the Arctic on long search flights there before finally being sold to Russie. C/N 1055 is the only Lockheed Electra that cannot be accounted for.

Then, on the other hand, we have evidence that it rests on a hill in East New Britain, evidence which comes from some AIF Veterans who happened on aircraft wreckage which fits the bill, the main evidence being an S3H1 WASP engine, which should not be where it is...... They happened on it and the unpainted aircraft itself, purely by chance because they were not supposed to be where they were according to their patrol Orders.

To me and a growing number of people, it all adds up.