PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can A BFR Be Done in an RAA Registered Aircraft?
Old 5th Sep 2018, 06:05
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
Nope, thank CASA for that. That said, others may argue but the VH rego box on the AFR form tells me otherwise
The way CASR 61.400 is worded suggests you could do it in an RAAus aircraft, if you can fly said RAAus bird on the authority of your Part 61 FCL. That being said, I agree the form says "Conducted in aircraft VH-_ _ _" and I wouldn't want to try to argue the point with CLARC. IT was bad enough trying to get it into their head "foreign", in the context of the question, meant overseas, not "a register other than ours"...

Give it a try, I'll watch!

Originally Posted by CASR 61.400
61.400 Limitations on exercise of privileges of pilot licences—flight review
  • (1) For this Part, successful completion of a flight review for a rating on a pilot licence requires demonstration, to a person mentioned in subregulation (2), that the holder of the rating is competent in each unit of competency mentioned in the Part 61 Manual of Standards for the rating.
  • (2) For subregulation
    • (1), the persons are as follows:
      • (a) CASA;
      • (b) the holder of an approval under regulation 61.040 for this regulation;
      • (c) a pilot instructor who is authorised to conduct a flight review for the rating.
  • (3) The flight review must be conducted in:
    • (a) an aircraft that can be flown under the rating; or
    • (b) an approved flight simulator for the flight review.