PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's everyone waiting for?
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2018, 04:29
VH DSJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by umop apisdn
Hey DSJ I'd be interested to know how the Aussie jet operator you got a job with took to the "US route" such as the ATPL conversion and the bulk of your experience being in the USA.
umop apisdn, I've had an app in with this operator for some time now, but only after I updated my CV with my US experience did I get an invitation to go through their selection process. That might be saying something about my lack of competitiveness previously without having said experience. I've held a CASA ATPL before I went to the US so even that didn't help previously. I know of other mates in the US also getting invites for interviews back home too, so judging by that I can say that operators back in Australia do look favorably upon the experience we're getting in the USA. And why not?; we fly in to the some of the busiest airports in the world, like LAX, SFO, ORD, ATL, SEA; have to deal with cold weather operations during winter with deice and anti-ice procedures; get to fly as PF, Cat 2 ILS approaches down to the minima and many of us on the ERJ are also qualified to conduct RNP 0.3 approaches too. I can't thank the US regional airline I'm with enough, in providing me the experience with a free jet type rating with no bond or minimum terms of service. Their check and training department is awesome and highly regarded in the US aviation industry and I heard that even the majors are envious of their excellent track record.