PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2018, 18:31
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
It was just over two years since I last used the airport, although I had done drop/collects frequently.

I was on a Midday on Tuesday 21st (to PSA with U2) and everything was pretty good. Not sure what the interval is for the Mid-Term car park but from entering to the bus arriving at 'C' was a GOOD 20 minutes. I'd seen no other bus in that time. The layout of the bus forecourt was dissapointing as they have retained the 'Nose in = Reverse out" which creates delays when the next arrival cannot clear the way for the one who wants out. The awnings are a total waste of money as everyone getting on a bus will get soaked by rain.

Signposting inside was not as clear as it could be. The U2 bag drop queue was well managed but, clearly, more consoles are required but it worked fine.

I had purchased Fast Track but could not see the sign for it! I'm sure that folks will tell me it's loud and clear but, since I was actively looking for it and could not see it? So went into main section as could not be faffed. The new system there worked well.

The extended shopping mall was as I had expected. Aspire lounge very busy bit still OK. Then out to the new pier.

Returning very late last Saturday (from GOA with U2) we parked up by gate 1/2 so had that hideously long walk round three sides. From doors open to bags arriving was about 30 mins so I guess that's average. Overall, a positive experience and will continue to use because STN is too far away and worse.