PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ben SMITH (AC’s number two) to join Air France KLM group
Old 4th Sep 2018, 16:54
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Altiplano

You can expect the AF unions will give him a taste of it should he not adress the salary question.
It is rumoured he understands french......which basically means he doesn’t speak it and this is likely to upset a lot of people and make his day at the office very difficult as well as hilarious given how most of the board members master english.
You can only really understand people, how they tick and all, unless you speak their language, especially in a country like France.
I know, the whole world should be speaking english and all would be wonderful.
Ain’t the case....live with it.

Second....his salary, triple as much as JM Janaillac is not likely to win him votes should he tell to the people they have to tighten their belt.
On top of which comes the self appointed chairwoman AM Couderc who was sooooo good at her previous job, Prestalis, that she is saddled with a very damaging parliamentary report for having squandered what is basically public money.
For this amazing achievement and for not having to do a thing (probably best given her previous record ) she gets a whopping 1,2 million euro.
Until now, this amount hasn’t been denied by either the board or Mrs Couderc.
Walks like a duck......etc...

What this self appointmennt means is that Ben Smith will be closely monitored by the french government. Mrs Couderc is a profesional politician who held various ministerial portfolios....... not that anyone remembers which....
What is at stake here is the privatization of ADP, Air France being the government cash cow through the outrageous fees the company pays.
Mr Smith will be kindly asked not to rock the boat in that department.

AF Jockey.....wether Ben Smith comes alone or not will certainly make a difference.....and I bet you those who waxed JM Janaillac board thinking good riddance.....must feel shaky shaky right now.
You can’t expect those who were at the root of this amazing blunder, to pretend being part of the solution.
One thing is sure....the staff won’t have it.

Very interesting times ahead, for sure.