PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS News 2018
Thread: NPAS News 2018
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2018, 14:47
tigerfish

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PANews
The new joint Police/Air Ambulance unit being built at Almondsbury is up for sale. It seems that BAE do not want to be the land agents of a small parcel of land next to the M5.

I am unsure whether it is an open sale or simply directed at one of the tenants. Anyway GWAAC already have HELP funding towards the reported £1,25 million price tag.

I await detail from GWAAC but NPAS are not in the buying business and simply expect to be tenants of GWAAC rather than BAE.
PANews, where did that come from? It is certainly not in Public Knowledge around here, and as one of the Local Councillors and one who helped set this move up, I would have expected to be informed. BAE wanted this unit off of their airfield which they had sold to a developer, - they actively assisted in the search for a new location nearby and approved of the choice.
With that in mind it does now appear rather strange that the Unit is up for sale before it is even completed. Are you suggesting that the Unit will not now open as envisaged?

TF