PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2018, 11:18
PDXCWL45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canberra97

AF do code share with Flybe on SOU to CDG and as well as with KLM on SOU to AMS.

As your aware KLM also are on the SOU to AMS route with their own aircraft hence why I mentioned the possibility of AF also operating to Paris from SOU albeit to ORY in conjunction with Flybe to CDG still using a code share.

AF have code shares on the majority if not all of the ex SOU to France routes and with Flybe recently axing Lyon I was rather expecting HOP to pick up the route as it would be a perfect fit for them in my opinion.

With IAG expanding their Iberia Express brand from Madrid including several destinations within the United Kingdom the possibility of Iberia Express with smaller aircraft as in CRJ's I think would also be a perfect fit for a possible SOU to MAD route.

It's a shame that Vueling had not retained their A319's and made another attempt at SOU to BCN a route that I would be very happy to see again.
Vueling still have their A319s based at BCN. For Iberia it'd have to be Regional operated by Air Nostrum and i am surprised that Southampton doesn't have Mad and BCN as destinations