PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private message etiquette
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2018, 03:04
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by DutchRoll
I'm 51 and gee...... my similarly aged or older colleagues, friends, and relatives will whinge, whine and complain about literally everything! And every second bloody conversation they insist on crapping on about politics. Yep..... we're such an exciting and dynamic bunch.

I also remember my parents in the 70s and early 80s loudly complaining about the "younger generation" (mine) strutting around in their own little world with their Walkman cassette tape players, playing loud music on a new fangled thing they called a "ghetto-blaster" and disturbing the peace. In the 70s they were almost apoplectic at the length of my hair and my refusal to get a haircut, openly wondering about the emerging moral values of this new generation..... and so the hamster wheel turns, and turns, and turns some more.

However I've always made sure to thank people for helping me out, as instilled by my parents. As far as lack of basic manners like this, I would look no further than the parents of that person and openly wonder what values they have passed onto their kids.

Well said. I also now know much of what my "olders and betters" told me in my youth turned out to be rubbish.

Our generation is leaving a harder, dirtier and more indebted and unequal world to our children. I don't blame them for not listening to us!