PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 21:29
erma330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by worldnomad
I see someone is really angry, and again it’s a 737 driver in thy. I work there too, not for much longer though. I can only completely and fully agree with everything that is written in all previous answers.
I am in the luxury of being a Triple driver. I entered three years ago.

Everything has been a constant slide backwards. I thought, gullible, that when E got his presidency a la Putin things would at least stabilize.
But the guy has stepped on so many’s toes it is now becoming apparent that the place is in meltdown.
it will spiral out of control the last months of this year.
A civil war is not unthinkable! (Not my words, from my Turkish colleagues).

actual; Salary of july was 41000 tl, the pay out was 6800€ back then. Today that’s 5300 and some change.

The new airport; Won’t be ready. Crew terminal will probably consist of Nissen huts or so.

Commute will be nightmare.
Hotels in the area, 1

Every day on average 1,5 pilot resigns. September will be hell because in the tens will resign at once and go to Pegasus. Company does nothing to stem the flow.
They do circle jerks because the profits are huge, until they hit the wall and it comes down on them. And it will because Turks are like any other Asian, too proud and pigheaded to acknowledge the problem.

Sorry, I refuse to get into details about long haul roster(West coast USA 13 hr block out and 13 back with 22 hours on the ground, should tell you enough)
and other stuff.

THY is a deeply employee unfriendly airline. Also to their own good people who by law are not allowed to strike, are represented by a union that’s so far up the ass of E, you can just see the tips of their shoes.

To them foreigner employees are troublemakers, always creating difficulty. Wouldn’t surprise me that they allow the current drain to continue to make all foreigners leave. But alas, I now start to sound like a turk, full of conspiracy theories.

All I can say is, like all before me, stay THE HELL AWAY!

And I am going to add:

2014 Wide Body Salary:

26500TL Rate: 0,43USD/TL 11395USD

2015:

26500TL Rate: 0,35USD/TL 9275USD

2016:

33000TL Rate: 0,31USD/TL 10230USD

2017:

37500TL Rate: 0,27USD/TL 10125USD

2018:

43000TL Rate: 0,15USD/TL 6450USD

Any further explanation required???