PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caption competition
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 18:53
cavuman1

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Talking Judge Not - Lest Thee Be Judged!

Fat Girl Not Included

This was a particularly difficult sequence to judge: each entry was even more amusing than its predecessor.

First, one acknowledges the kind beckoning of Kiltrash, who kindly gave his invitation to post a shot of something that the crew here assembled might find amusing. Clear Skies, plenty of fuel and altitude, and a cornucopia of ideas for you, Good Sir!

I can only wish that my flesh-and-blood friends could be as funny as my interwebby pilot friends! Here we found entries sans pareil by the usual suspects: Nutloose, SATCOS WHIPPING BOY, Dan Gerous, SASless, andytug, Wensleydale, c52, Danny42C, Kiltrash, and MPN11, who receives extra credit for his attempt to rhyme “shoveling” with “walking” in his poetic and ultra-amusing late entry. Each of you could have a career as a standup comedian should you so choose! Yet...

Having been reduced to laughter-induced tears and subsequent quadruplegia, I turned to my loverly Bride, Christine, to place the Laurel of Victory upon the Victor’s substantial cranium. (One must be, by nature, possessed of an immense cerebral vault to come up with such commedia del arte.) Though she bypassed several potentially misogynistic entries which I found highly guffawable - I find that the female of the species is misandrous - plus I should like to sleep in the bed tonight, I concurred with her award.

Thusly, without further adieu, with “Looking out of the cabin window, Geoffrey quietly smiled that his cunning plan to avoid paying the new carry on baggage charge seemed to be working.” Courtesy of ShyTorque.

Each of you shall receive a Coffman Starter Cartridge for your superb contributions, but The Bashful Torsional One gets the Hallowed Trophy, on its way, strapped with innumerable rounds of black nasty to a GEnX monster, which sucks, squeezes, bangs, and blows, which is where my sick mind was going with a caption...

Oh! Is that my Uber ride already?

- Ed

Last edited by cavuman1; 3rd Sep 2018 at 19:05. Reason: Spacing