PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Sues For Forced Retirement
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 15:31
w.bayley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beard
where was my sarcasm? I do mean it reading your views does make me smile.

Deeply Concerned
The REGULATOR defines acceptable risk as 1%. This is used to determine if a pilot has a limitation on his/ her licence there must be a less than 1% risk of incapacitation. There are further caviet which define critical phases of flight which amount to the take off and landing phases.
Where thère are 2 pilots the chances of both becoming incapacitated at the same time become astronomically low. The last data that ICAO accepted as valid was used in 2006 to raise the limit from 60 to 65. Dr Tony Evans supplied that data and it was based on 2004 data. It predicted that the 1% threshold was breached at age 70.
Group Capt Timperley gave a presentation at the Royal Aeronautical Society in Dec last year and his date predicted the 1% risk threshold not being breached until 80.
Like you the statistics are beyond me but I do understand that with enhanced medicals as applied by the Australians and other regulators pilots are allowed to earn a living beyond 65 in ten countries.
I also know that the CAA has not produced any evidence to support the 65 year limit. I am simply asking the Court to rule on whether or not they have meet their Statutary obligations under the Discrimination legislation.

which is why when I read Beards post I have to smile.
Wayne