PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fastest Way to Get PPL
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 12:25
ShamrockF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Corkonian,

Just take a little bit to think through what's more important to you, learning fast or learning well.

I started studying for my PPL last year in a flying club with good instructors, all airline pilots. There were delays due to weather and roster availability, but the standard of tuition was excellent. Like you, I wanted to get the PPL quicker so I went abroad to get my PPL put away. The standard of tuition was much lower than what I was used to. We were practicing maneuvers which I consider dangerous. That said, the school delivers on its promises and students get their qualifications. I chose to leave and go back to the flying club where it took me a few months longer but I feel I'm a better-trained pilot as a result.

If you want to do it quick, have a look at schools in the US or Spain. If you're going for a US school just make sure they're currently registered as an EASA ATO. You can Google the list of training places that are currently EASA registered. You can do your full PPL there and come home and fly away in Europe. If you go to purely FAA school you'll have to do some conversion work when you get back which will be a bit of hassle.