PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 11:23
zanzare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all, I know it's been asked several times before... and I'm sure opinion hasn't changed a great deal since it was asked a few years ago... but thought I would ask all the same since it seems the program has changed a bit (sorry! Feel free to delete if you think it is redundant).

I am contemplating doing a bachelor of aviation at Griffith Uni, which is now an accelerated two year course (three trimesters/year) with the Grad Dip to follow for a year and a half. Like any degree, there are inherent risks of not being successful in securing employment after graduating. Obviously both have their pro's and con's, such as networking at Griffith being a pro... but is the general consensus still that the degree is beneficial in learning theory that you may not get by simply doing your CPL through a flying school? What would be realistic career opportunities be if I were to do the bachelor's degree compared to a flying school.

Does anyone have any insight into the course? I would like to pick some brains if anyone is willing to let me!