PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Sues For Forced Retirement
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 09:58
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nemrytter : Agreed. Again, Wayne's case is a simple challenge to the Regulatory Authority on the absurdity of the current, quite arbitrary age cut-off for PROFESSIONAL PILOTS. Many have tried to clarify the point with the simple illustration, I might have used, almost, the exact same words too ; why, having done the job, signed the Tech log, gone home, was Wayne prevented from doing the exact same thing after midnight the very next day, just because, Happy Birthday, he was 65 ? Because some statistic, somewhere, showed he was, as of the very next day , more likely to croak , at the controls. Show us the evidence !

If the Regulatory Authority has the facts, has the 1% data, has the statistical evidence, for PROFESSIONAL PILOTS, let's see it.

IN the old days. I was selected to become a TRE/IRE. I expressed, half-heartedly, a concern about what to do if it was ME who was asked a tricky question. I was told to blind with science, numbers & stats. Usually works !

According to the Daily Fail & it's persistant reporting on some statistical survey which changes boundaries every day, some Bod in London is getting knifed every six hours.................
yeah, and he is getting really cheesed off with it.