PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stobart Air-2
Thread: Stobart Air-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2018, 07:56
mik3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E195s G-FBEF, EH performed ok yesterday. Golf Charlie on the other hand had gremlins. Interested to see today's tech scorecard. Would be nice to see just one day where all three aircraft get through the days routes without a tech issue at all. Let's see how today unfolds.

As a side note, it must be completely frustrating as the P1/2 having to put up with the high frequency of tech issues on these aircraft. There's only so much cabin announced explanations you can prrovide to your pax in the rear and no doubt a few of them may be regulars on some of those routes. Interested to understand the load detetioration rates on routes where these three particular aircraft are being used. Surely there has got to be a harmful financial impact to Stobart and Flybe, if nothing else, both brands are being damaged.

I was at c2c station last week and overheard a small group of woman talking about Flybe services from SEN. In a nutshell, the general comments were along the lines of "yes, we've heard they are not reliable, been delays, so would use Easyjet or Ryanair instead". Whilst it's only one overheard conversation, I can imagine people know the Stobart / Flybe flights are famously jinxed with unusually high levels of aircraft technical faults causing delays and last minute cancelled flights.

Real shame they're associated with that bad rep now. Ultimately, it results in lost business to other airports as SEN work to expand. Yet the SEN management seem complacent enough to just muddle on through a year of this crazy brand damaging situation. Seems all very odd to me, a very Eurpean attitude of relaxed attitude - we're better than this!

Last edited by mik3bravo; 2nd Sep 2018 at 08:16.