PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cumbria - Dauphin in the fog...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2018, 06:52
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Ahh the great SAS has decreed and Crab agrees. I therefore must conclude that I am wrong and have been all along. So Rotorheads, apparently it is perfectly OK to fly along public roads (edges), in the weedisphere in fog. The more important your job is, apparently the more acceptable this kind of flying will be. OM limits.....Pah! They don’t matter. Rules and Regs.....apparently for “inexperienced pilots........like me”

So now I realise what a knob I have been, not realising that I was wrong to be “morally outraged” when clearly taxpayers money can be spent and expended without question or accountability I will withdraw and leave this subject to the “experts” like Crab.

Good luck in the fog....sadly 35 years of fear and inexperience will cause me not to be with you. Like a massive Jessy that I clearly am I will be above you IFR with at least 1,000 feet between me and the ground, or worse somewhere else at my OM min height in approved VFR conditions. Sadly due to my chronic “inexperience” if the weather starts to look like it might go below my limits I am such a wus I have to turn around or land.

My only hope is that fog does not suddenly fall on top of me like wot happened here, especially if I planned carefully and had good tafs and stuff. Still I only have about 17k hours so maybe not enough exposure yet for this to happen.

Last edited by DOUBLE BOGEY; 2nd Sep 2018 at 07:03.