PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA LGW - IBZ Drunk pax fighting in the cabin BEFORE take-off.
Old 1st Sep 2018, 14:43
rog747

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts
Any drunk, or too tipsy pax that wandered up to our check-in at BMA LHR would be told to go and get a few black coffees, sober up, come back and see me, and then I might let them on the next flight (with the crew being made aware of what has occurred)

We had many guys returning to the UK from a 'Dry' 6 month stint in the Sand Pits of the ME/Gulf, and the first thing they did when they got to LHR was start to drink before their connecting flight back up to the North/Scotland/Belfast.
Usually worked, or if not they got short shift and were told to take the Tube into town, and get the night Sleeper train back home...or come back in the morning, but you can'ye sleep here!

They NEVER usually got as far as the Gate, let alone an aircraft entrance door.
If anyone at the Gate was displaying any issues we dealt with them there PDQ. (sometimes it may just be a very nervous flyer etc)

We did NOT have sub-feral mobs of Skanks & Oiks, either M or F.
We DID have some rowdy charter flights such as a night Glasgow- Gerona but the CC were tough enough to get them to behave.
We NEVER had diversions, or Cops called to an aircraft - It was unheard of.