PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things don't look too Rosy for VA
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2018, 14:08
AerialPerspective

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by porch monkey
AP, my reading is fine. I was answering 2 posts in the same post. I "contend" nothing. I have expressed no opinion on whether I believe Borghetti should stay, go or anything else. My opinion is completely irrelevant in the context of who gets the job next. Which is why I don't get stressed over it. You on the other hand, are gonna blow a seal if you keep that ranting up........
Blow a gasket, hardly... I see a potentially good airline with some good people that is being destroyed constantly... I'm not the least bit stressed, ranting or concerned about it personally, only for the employment futures of the people I know who work there and the possibility of a competitive industry which I have been in for the best part of 40 years. OK, so you don't care, but there are thousands of people who's jobs are riding on this and all we see is one disastrous decision after another and one excuse after the other - people like JT and many, many others have ended up as 'collateral damage' at the hands of the imposter(s) running the show.
When it comes right down to it, will I suffer if they go under, nope... I fly on both carriers and have more QF points than VA (and ID travel is long gone) so it would have minimal impact on me personally but I want to see the industry survive. There are plenty of people on here to criticize QF all the time and for a long time VA was seen as the messiah all the while being run into the ground. I don't get wound up about it, I'm just expressing an opinion from experience of the organization and some of the players. Mine is more a lament at, like politics, airline management in many companies these days seems to consist of people that any average businessperson wouldn't employ. The people one would be inclined to offer a job to without hesitation never reach those levels.
Maybe you should just chill out a bit and re-read some of my posts, often the intent is whimsy or irony... painting the pitiful side...