PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cumbria - Dauphin in the fog...
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2018, 13:41
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Crab I don’t think the crew are cowboys. They just pushed too far and that is a mistake. My experience has nothing to do with it. Not done SAR or SF. Never claimed this. However the ground is hard and the weather is the same for all of us. It’s a bit harsh to attack my credentials without you knowing who and what I am or have done. But maybe you read my public profile as I don’t hide or pretend to be anything special. Like I said I respect your defending this position. If I screw up I would appreciate the support of someone like you. Just try to see it for what it was. You suggest as much in your other posts. No need for us to regress back to our Neanderthal default positions.

chopjock, I agree, in this circumstances the road is the safest extraction but this debate is about getting there and ending up with that as the only option. Rules and limits are there to protect us and hopefully stop us pushing on when maybe we should take a time out so we expressly do not end up risking ourselves and third parties.

‘In this respect only, the crew, in my view have got themselves in a stickier situation than when sticky the stick insect got stuck on a stick. Good on them for surviving the experience. I am sure they learned from it.

DB