PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged Diabetes Thread
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2018, 01:13
3db

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonker, As tescoapp states, you need to measure your own blood/glucose. I purchased a £14 inc delivery machine (a nexus gluco rx, the same as my NHS GP group supply, so as a diabetic I get the NHS supplied testing strips/needles without cost to me), just 2 weeks ago, no VAT as its a medical condition. By regular measuring, you can then see what helps or hinders in *your* case. As with all low cost hardware, it is the on-going supplies (test strips and needles) where the manufacturer makes the profit. If purchasing, you need to consider the on-going costs. I wanted to purchase another machine as I now have to measure my blood within 2 hours of driving and every 2 hours while driving – I wanted to keep a machine in the car for that purpose, as well as the machine I have at home. NHS only supply one machine (at least in this part of London), hence the purchase.

I also agree with tescoapp, reducing anything to zero in your diet is seldom good in my view. I think we were designed to eat a variety of foods, and its best left like that. Nothing to stop considerably reducing a food type, but personally I would not eliminate anything entirely.

Last edited by 3db; 1st Sep 2018 at 01:15. Reason: correct typo.