PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 1st Sep 2018, 00:55
FACT Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clumsypilot
I have also been thinking about applying. People here showed me it is no heaven there. But I fly from my hometown and get paid 3500 us dollars monthly! That is 320 with average 80-90 hrs (summer 99 hrs), 40-50 legs! I have to save in dollars because currency lost 50 pct of its value during last 5 months.

I just came from early morning flight 2 legs 4hrs block total(finished at 1pm local) and I will fly again tonight 7hrs block 2 legs and layover starting at 2am local. I dont know can it be worse thn this? I have seen a 380 roster it looks way better than what I have been going through.

So I ve applied and we will see the results. I will share my experience.
Good for you! There is going to be issues in any company and anybody who tells you otherwise is a fool. At the end of the day (my own opinion) people must do what makes them happy and not what other people perceive to best for another individual. Everyone has their own experiences and situations. For me personally the move to EK and Dubai makes the most sense for me right now. It may not work for others and it may not even appeal to others (I know it doesn’t). I have a number of friends that are working there now with similar backgrounds to me that are very happy there. Unfortunately you hardly hear the positives as those people tend to avoid this site due to the negativity. Again, each to their own. So far the journey with EK has been very professional and pleasant and I cannot wait to start.