PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Sues For Forced Retirement
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2018, 22:07
w.bayley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shot One
You have not carefully read what I wrote. I stated that the ICAO data used to raise the age limit from 60 to 65 identified that the 1% incapacity threshold occurred beyond 65.
It had to say that other wise the age limit could not have been increased to 65. Think about for a second before you reply......
that was based on data from 2004. That is in Dr Evans evidence. That data is 14 years old. Group Capt Timperley's presentation to the Royal Aeronitical Society pointed to the 1% threshold being breached at 80. There is a growing body of evidence to support his work. It is not peer reviewed. But then there is no data to support the current limit of 65. Just a load of data confirming the limit of 1% occurs AFTER 65.
My challange is quite straight forward. It is that the current limit of 65 is not supported by any effort to "review with rigour and an open mind" areas of Discrimination in Age, Gender, sexual orientation etc. etc. If the regulator has not done that they have failed in their Statutory Obligation.
The statment about 10 countries permitting over 65 pilots to operate isn't central to the challange it just helps to expose the absurdity of the rule.
I have not made any claims which do not stand up to your scrutiny (or anyone elses).
Wayne