PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To Danny and all - Polish airmen in the RAF
Old 31st Aug 2018, 21:14
Franek Grabowski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thegypsy
Wacław 'Nick' Niezręcki, he flew SD Halifaxes during the war, later RPAF, returned to the UK and joined RAF. At some point flew Canberras. He delivered Lancaster PA474 to BBMF, as he was found to have most recent experience on Lancasters in the RAF from a few years back, ignoring Shackleton jocks!

kenparry
Piotr Bobrowski ex-No 306 Sqn Mustang pilot. He passed away in 1973 at RAF Brize Norton, indeed. His logs are at TNA, but I have not copied them, as yet.
Any stories to share?

Old-Duffer
A tall man? Then he is living in London, following retirement from RAF, he spend quite a few years in the Gulf, flying for local AFs as VIP pilot, ending his career in 1988.

Pontius Navigator/ian16th
I am really not sure, as some were allowed, and some not, and I mean children living in the UK for their whole life.
There were Poles in really high positions in the RAF, off hand I recall one flying Vulcans on 230 OCU, another one, as a civilian worked on the initial project of Vulcan, doing an essential work as aerodynamicist. One, Edward Kwolek, as I recall was a senior officer in RAF counterintelligence in ME, much to his satisfaction.