PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Penny Finally Dropping at RYR???
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2018, 16:39
Jet2_320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fastidious bob I don't think you find many HR departments posting on PPRuNe, they do read it but I don't think they actively take part in posting information. Jet2 are a great company to work for with regards to the day to day operation. They still have small bases where everybody knows each other. So more often then not you fly multiple times a month with the same crew and it is true that in the winter there isn't much flying to do. They are also one of the few companies who take direct entry captains (even though it is debatable if this is a good or a bad thing they need them). I hear you ask if it is so great why are people leaving en-mass? It is mainly as has been hinted before to do with the middle and top management, they run a true fear culture resulting in people being afraid to make decisions, at the same time they keep on telling the staff how lucky and grateful they should be to be allowed to work for them. "We are the UK's preferred airline to work for" was a quote from management a few years ago.

Pilots staying are understandably the ones who have their private life near the base and are settled there. At most of the J2 bases there are no other comparable jobs/companies or if there are they might have to start from scratch again at those companies, most won't be able to do so financially. It is those guys who come on PPRuNe defending how great the airline is to work for. It is mainly those guys who are trying to pretend to themselves and others that the grass is very green at J2 while every week colleagues are resigning and moving to the "big" jet jobs (as has been posted before bigger jets is what j2 management are telling the troops, why would somebody indeed leave the UK's preferred airline if it wasn't for that --> see Well Used his/her post #44 in this topic).

Last edited by Jet2_320; 31st Aug 2018 at 16:58.