PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Derry/Londonderry 2
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2018, 10:29
Fly757X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by speedbirdATC

LPL really needs to be daily. In fact you could argue for double daily on certain days, especially during football weekends.
It will be interesting to see what happens if/when the funding money arrives and how it gets spent also.
I'd say keep it well away from the LCC's at all cost. Ryanair may have helped the airport strive in the early 2000's but left it as a mess between 2014-2016. I would say earmark some of it for BHX/MAN but also a route to DUB. The international connection will prove vital to the local economy. Especially after the rapid growth Dublin has seen as of late. I would've liked to see Flybe return and operate much to the extent they do at Knock but with their situation with Stobart etc I would say they will look at clearing that up to see the fleet their left with for their own Schedules from their main bases. However at the moment I would hold it back. If (as the airport have said) BMI and Loganair are in negotiations at present. I would push as much out of the airlines before you release the funding.