PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sir Adrian Swire dies of cancer 24/8/2018
Old 30th Aug 2018, 22:29
mngmt mole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sir Adrian had a choice to make, many years ago. He chose to emphasis personal family wealth above all other considerations. In particular, he turned his back on the loyalty, expertise, dedication and sacrifice of his aircrew, the very people who strived most to create the once great airline called Cathay Pacific (now nothing more than a grotesque shadow of its former self). That legacy has been destroyed.

The name is still there, but its soul, character, nature and established place has been squandered. All for a few more $$$ in the family pockets. I can't mourn his passing, as he had the ultimate responsibility and duty of care towards what he knew and recognised as the excellence his aircrew provided (and the associated sacrifice and support of their families). His wealth has been purchased on the backs of thousands of hard working individuals.

He made his choice, and I make mine as to how I choose to relate to his passing. The family is many billions of $$$ better off than the day I joined, and just a few of those $ would have continued to provide his loyal aircrew proper security for themselves and their families. Perhaps Merlin will value his ultimate reputation a bit more highly (how many more billions do you want Merlin?). ATY was completely correct in his statement.

Last edited by mngmt mole; 30th Aug 2018 at 23:20.