PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Correct position of feet on rudder pedals at landing. (Airbus)
Old 30th Aug 2018, 16:58
misd-agin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hahn
There is a growing armada of pilots lacking the fine motor skill of placing a foot on a pedal without pressing it. They happily ignore the fact that uncle Airbus is "selling" the rudder pedals with a toe stop so the pilot is ready to hit the brakes whenever needed and wait for their "oh sugar" moment when they have to land in a gusty crosswind. They'll never learn.
On amore serious note: landing "feet up" is impossible on a Boeing and nigh to impossible on a Cessna, many instructors project this knowledge to an Airbus without questioning the logic. The tendency to buy a typerating from a TRTO, not from the manufacturer, helps to spread fake news and wrong techniques.
18,000+ hrs in Boeing's with my feet 'up'. Didn't know I was doing the impossible. Your post is contributing to "fake news and wrong techniques." You can land feet 'up' in all the aircraft I've flown, including Boeing's and Cessna's, By using the required techniques many things in flying, or life, can suddenly go from impossible to easy.

Last edited by misd-agin; 30th Aug 2018 at 17:03. Reason: added "your post..."