PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Penny Finally Dropping at RYR???
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2018, 14:01
Well Used

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JFP, Nah ive not tried to do anything to support the company other than take roster changes to help, changed duties at very short notice, put up with crap car parking (acknowledged its affecting plenty of MAN airlines) worked days off and fallen for the stories of uncrewed flights and a need to help the customer. That however was up until the first of this month where its now a strictly follow the roster line deal as the help is only one way.

Lets also not forget that everyone thats fleeing Jet2 is going to much bigger metal, thats the reason they're going because they want to fly aircraft that are bigger, FACT. So It must be that the TUI, FR and Norwegian -800s must be much bigger than J2s hence why they're leaving for these pastures, bigger metal right??? It is absolutely nothing to do with some of the poorest crewing and rostering practices I've ever come across in 30 odd years, absolutely nothing to do with roster changes, nothing to do with a lack of meaningful staff travel etc etc etc etc etc. Its purely down to the size of the aircraft, another summer done and a caveat from the DFO that it'll be better next year.

Did he pinky swear?

It could be really good but there needs to be an urge to make it better for us from the top, whilst the trophy cabinet gets fuller by the week its the people that have done it and these people including myself are now voting with our feet. FRs training system is creaking until January now and i for one am just waiting for a date to return.