PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2018, 10:52
AQ121253

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jerez - FEB 2019

Hi Everyone,

I would just like to start by saying that this forum has been great whilst I was going through the application process at NATS. If you haven't already guessed I've been lucky enough to be offered at place at FTE Jerez in Spain starting Feb 2019. I just felt like since I've gained so much off this thread, I thought I'd give details of my experience for those currently going through the process or thinking about it.

My application started at the very end of last year when I sat Stage 0 online, now this was a long time ago and I don't remember much except it was a fairly standard aptitude test. A few days later I got sent a link for Stage 1 (online), similarly in my opinion a slightly more advanced aptitude test (again, this was a longggg time ago) - something to note is that they give you quite a strict time constraint by which you need to complete the next stage.
N.B. The links expire if you begin and leave, you then can't go back to the test.

I think again it was only a few days after that I received an email saying I was successful and to get myself booked onto Stage 2. I booked in for around mid-feb, this stage is based in CTC Whitley. Before arriving you are expected to study a booklet that they give you on air traffic control, nothing too daunting, don't worry! The day begins at 08:00 if I recall correctly, first test being a multiple questionnaire on the booklet. Then straight onto the FEAST test, this was a few hours, then a short break. I strongly advise you take a packed lunch, I took cash expecting some sort of shop but all there was were vending machines. Finally, the DART test and then home, can't remember what time the day finished - apologies.

Another email a few days later with a congrats and a link to book onto Stage 3, these are now based at several places; Swanwick or Prestwick I believe. I waited and booked mine for the end of August due to university; I always stayed at The Solent when I travelled down, its a five min. walk to CTC. I was told to arrive at 10:30 for my interview and I was finished by 12:30. Unbelievably I received a phone call the next day saying I would start a course in Feb 2019 in Jerez!* Over the moon!

*This is based on passing security and medical...

So, that was my experience I thoroughly enjoyed the process and wish anyone els the best of luck!