PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Penny Finally Dropping at RYR???
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2018, 10:32
cumulustratus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny F@rt Pants

Nice to know what some “colleagues” think from behind their keyboard.

So, Well Used, apart from typing away from behind your cloak, what have you done to try to make a difference?

Some people have me all wrong, I have never said Jet2 is perfect, it isn’t, but I have been around long enough to know that nor is anywhere else. Despite my hatred of FR, they are almost the ideal employer, 5/4 is without doubt a great asset IF you are based at home, if you aren’t it can be a 7/2 roster; they have sorted out their dodgy employment tactics of self employment, and have raised their pay scale. BUT it’s still the same clown running the show, and while he’s there all the good can, and probably will, be undone in a short few weeks when the next down turn arrives. This summer has been a tricky one without a doubt.
1. FR the ideal employer? Please elaborate...

2. 5/4 a great asset? How? Just as it's great to know your off days, it's equally devastating to know which days you're working when those days happen to fall on important dates in YOUR life, such as kids birthdays, family health issues, important social events etc. Personal experience says there is NO functional flexibility for your benefit unless you're a drinking buddy of someone with influence. And I've seen plenty of guys who knows a guy who'll sort them out, only to be disappointed in the last minute.

3. Sorted out the self employment? Really? Ask some of the 1000s of pilots on self employment if they woke up as employees of ryr Ltd this morning, or expect to do so in the near future. Don't believe the propaganda machine that'll say anything to get enough guys in the front of their a/c.

4. Raised the pay scale? Again, propaganda. There's a productivity bonus added to some pilots' contracts if they increase their productivity above the 900 hours they're already offering to the company. And it's temporary.