PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orderly Dog
Thread: Orderly Dog
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2018, 07:51
PTR 175

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Two minor incidents of note apart from the many hours wasted filling out visitors forms and handing out keys. At least that has some form of automation now.

First one. St Mawgan. Whilst in the guardroom one night I had a rather scruffy person apppear at the window wishing to hand himself in. Aparently he had gone AWOL some time ago and his concience bought him to the nearest military establishment. Now, that gave me a dielemma, do I lock him up in the cells for the night and all the palarva that goes with that or do I send him on his way working out that another day on the run would not add to his troubles, so I told him to come back in the morning when the day staff were there. Guess what, he did.

Lastly. whilst on detachment to Deci with 1 (F) Sqn I had the pleasure of OS. Which included Container checks, avoiding the Itallian guards and shuting down the Nuragie club. I was given that day because my Flt Sgt who did not like me knew what was on that night and wanted me to fail. Not normally a significant problem apart from the fact that the last RAF Phantom Sqn were there on their last trip away. It was rather lively to say the least. The staff in the Nuragie were fine and I was accosted by the Phantom Sqn Flt Sgt on my entry, who incidently i knew, he said he would look after things if i left them alone. Which i did. I popped back at the stipulated times and all was logged correctly. At closing time i gave them another 30 minutes or so in co-operation with the club staff and went back all was quiet and empty. pheww. Next morning at work the Phantom Sqn Flt Sgt came over to say good bye and thank me and handed me a large ice cream from the terminal building as a gift.