PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit, licences and training
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2018, 07:29
Daysleeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fl1ingfrog
Daysleeper

You appear to be misunderstanding ICAO. The UK and all the other states of the EU are independently members of ICAO, indeed seven of them including the UK are permanent members of the ICAO council. It follows then that anything that EASA does is not in conflict with ICAO and EASA has never sought to be so.

Even if Brexit should happen without agreement there is nothing to prevent the UK continuing as an EASA operator, indeed EASA would like the whole world to join them.
You seem to be misunderstanding my ICAO post. I'm not saying the UK would leave ICAO, I''m saying that where the UK currently can point to its ICAO compliance in the future it will have to invest in staff and capability to replace EASA in-order to continue to do so. It is widely reported by both the CAA , RAeS and others that this cannot be done by Brexit day.

If the UK can stay in EASA then great, even better if it can stay as a full member... but that relies on there being a deal done and at the moment the UK government position is that a no-deal exit is the most likely scenario and the only deal they are prepared to offer is one that has been rejected by the EU. There are, approximately, 2 months left to agree a deal in time for it to be ratified. The UK is on the edge of a cliff and still arguing with itself about whether gravity does or doesn't exist.