PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Penny Finally Dropping at RYR???
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2018, 06:46
Bam Thwok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What’s a standby ??...... not had one rostered for the last 3 months !!
As for Jet2’s “random” rostering......it’s been pretty much a “fixed” 6 on/ 3 off - 5 on/ 2 off roster for me all summer !!

For me personally, as an “old timer”, I’ve just about had it with this company......and I’m not alone in my thoughts.
The recent memo from our DFO doesn’t install me with any confidence in it getting any better over the next few years either, as we continually expand.
Whoopie Doo......an “extra” 36 pilots are to be recruited for next year above the already inadequate forecasted number needed.
Those poor 36 aren’t even going to touch the sides of the problems we are experiencing from the resulting chaos of the company’s outdated attitude to crewing levels.
Oh, and the best bit, the company are to recruit yet another “Aircrew Manager” to manage us......that’ll be 3 of them doing effectively nothing !!.......surely making it “37” extra pilots would have more of a beneficial result.

You can all have your pissing up the wall competition as to the pros and cons of EXS and RYR but at the end of the day it’s all down to us as individuals and our own selfish needs and wants.
I honestly NEVER envisaged the day that I would EVER even entertain the thought, such is my hatred for what MOL has done to my profession, but this old timer is seriously contemplating jumping to the “Dark Side” !!