PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan Air suspend ses vols Strasbourg-Londres(article)
Old 10th Oct 2003, 16:51
Xenia

Wicked Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all!
I know it's the french forum, but I rather write in english, sorry about that, but I am a bit crap writting in french
As I have been a guest in this wonderful forum from times to times, I decided to come back and give my opinion in this topic ....
It is not a mistery anylonger that my company is about to burst so a lot of us cabin crew are jobless and looking for somewhere to land ...
Few days ago we realized Ryanair has a base in BGY (Bergamo) so we sent a CV ...
Here is what we got back:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entry level
• At least 18 years of age
• Between 1,57m and 1,85m in height with weight in proportion
• The right to work and live in the EU
• Education: successfully completed Higher General Secondary Education or a similar level of education (Netherlands: HAVO/MBO, Germany: F.O.S., France: Etude Secondaire)
• Proficient in English, both written and spoken
• Able to swim
• Physically fit and able to pass a medical assessment
• Normal vision (contact lenses acceptable)
• Good work mentality
• Willing to move to other bases within Europe
• Be prepared to live within one hour’s travelling time of the airport
• Be prepared to work unsociable hours
• Friendly and outgoing with a lively personality
• Ready to meet the challenge of dealing with people and demanding situations
• Able to work in a customer services environment and comfortable in a selling role

Screening
Before you will be admitted to the course, an assessment will be organised during which you will be screened.
The screening procedure will take 1 day and includes a presentation by Ryanair/CAE and an interview with a Ryanair HR representative.

Training
After a successful assessment and a medical check you will be offered a Training Contract with CAE Centre Amsterdam and a Labour Contract with Ryanair.
The training will take place in our Amsterdam Training Centre and takes approximately 5 weeks.

Costs
Medical check: € 65,--
Cost of training: € 2.499 ,--
Fees are including taxes.

The job
• You will be offered a permanent position
• You will be based where most convenient to Ryanair; your preference will be taken into consideration
• Salary will be approximately € 1.500,-- per month net
• Generous travel concessions to destinations all over Europe

Accommodation and travelling
Accommodation and travelling during the Screening and the Training will be at your own expense and responsibility. CAE will try to support you in finding affordable accommodation.

Training start dates
Courses start throughout the year for successful candidates.

What next
Please fill in the attached CV template and save it as “yourname.XLS”. Send it by e-mail to the following address: [email protected]. It will be filed by us and when we start recruiting we will contact suitable candidates. Due to the very large number of applicants that we will receive, we regret that we will not be in a position to answer any questions by telephone, letter or personal visits.

After receiving your application, only suitable candidates will be contacted throughout the year. Unfortunately we are unable to inform you about the status of your application which we will keep on file. We wish you good luck and hope to welcome you to one of the CAE centres in near the future!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basically that means that someone has to invest at least 5000 Euros for the training (including travel, accomodation and few sandwiches). And after that you have to buy your own uniform as well ....
Were will we end up in aviation? do you think all this is fair?
I just wonder how many cabin crew they will recruit from now own ....
Anyone care to comment?

Un gros bisou a tout le monde

Xenia

Last edited by Xenia; 12th Oct 2003 at 15:02.