PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Go-Around question
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2018, 02:40
underfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poldek, I am sure that procedure was written assuming you were below the MAA.
It is written, assuming you are following the procedure.

When we look again at ILS 26 at ESSA: Final Approach Point is at D7.5/2500' and missed approach procedure says CLIMB 1500'. If I go around from let's say 2000 feet then I am simply not able to comply - it is quite difficult to climb from 2000 to 1500 . I hope ATC is aware of that and can provide alternate instructions immediately./
Poldek, the DA for ILS 26 at ESSA is 460/490, (CAT A/B).
If you want to GA at 2000, you still need to follow the procedure. That means follow the flightpath including the missed approach procedure. What does the procedure tell you to do? CAT A or CAT B, follow the flightpath to 430/460, then turn right and climb to 1500.
IF you are at 2000 and you cannot continue as noted above (the procedure), then you are not on the approach procedure, and must inform ATC that you are discontinuing the approach, and ask for further instructions.

Bottom line, you are on a procedure and are cleared for that procedure. Follow it. You cannot simply follow parts of it. Follow it as presented, or get permission to do something else. You cannot GA at 2000 when the DA is at 460, and expect to follow the simplistic "turn right onto 300 and climb to 1500" without instruction, you are, afterall, turning into the flightpath for RW19....(and that runways missed approach procedure)

Last edited by underfire; 30th Aug 2018 at 03:21.