PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oban, Coll, Colonsay and the Out of Hours Permt
Old 29th Aug 2018, 17:13
C172Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the issue, managed to get a permit - that was last year. I did it in person whilst in Oban, at first the lady said no as aircraft is in trust (N reg) then she said it was commercial (so no again) and finally she said ok - she tried to suggest I could use it for commercial purposes even though the insurances states private use in bold letters. I renewed this month and on the phone was told not for a group aircraft but I emailed the forms and have a new permit. I cannot see what their problem is - the aircraft is either insured or it is not and the pilot is either licensed or not. There are no issues for anyone visiting Oban, only Coll and Colonsay. So I'm not sure how I managed to get the permits, I'm not asking questions! But it does seem a farce when you think that no-one asks for your insurance after landing in Oban. It is a pity as flying on the west coast is beautiful but the council seem to do everything they can to put you off going.