PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2018, 16:23
Velocirotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nigelh
Off to Canada on Tuesday to do the acceptance flight !
trouble is that since I have had the old 109 spruced up I am beginning to have second thoughts ..... yesterday I flew from Yorkshire ( north of England ) to the isle of Wyte which is off the south coast. ( 210nm) . Wife , dogs etc autopilot and loads of luggage we cruise @145 knots , dead smooth and land 1 hr 20 later .
The 505 is a great Helicopter I believe , but it is a BMW ....the 109 is an Aston Martin .....and I am paying 4 x the price for the 505 !!!
I love the 109 ,so have decided that unless I can get a half sensible price for it I may as well keep it and sell the 505 and maybe get another one later .
It seems I would be £100k better off flying / leasing 200 hrs over the next few months and then selling it for parts . You never know it may do the next 400 hrs without a blip and I would make a load more . Maybe someone wants to build multi engine hours cheap and wants to burn up 100 hrs in a couple of weeks ?!!
How did it go?
I am actively considering ordering a 505. I went to Namur in June to participate in a demo session and was favourably impressed although I did not find the "feel/power" to be very diffrerent from the 206 I used to fly. In other words I expected more power, but what can you tell after 10 minutes of flight, let's be serious.
I am eager to have your first impressions and your feedback, Nigel. Thank you