PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stobart Air-2
Thread: Stobart Air-2
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2018, 15:49
Cazza_fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by koninckske
With Brexit in mind I expect to see those 3 E195 in Aer Lingus colours and all being based in Dublin with one being used for SEN. They can operate some smaller European routes with it.

And for the ATRs they need a British airline that uses them as a wetlease from SEN. No more Flybe it seems, so why not as Easyjet... not likely to happen, but would be a better channel to sell tickets on European routes than Flybe which is hardly known on the continent.
Really not sure what you mean by "with Brexit in mind" and what that has to do with anything, in particularly with having the E195s in Aer Lingus livery based at DUB ?

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but as for the ATRs we are only talking 4 ATR72 aircraft that are currently operating under the Flybe franchise partnership - and that's including 2 at the Isle of Man base ? If anything, these ATRs would most likely be best integrated into the Aer Lingus Regional network if there was any potential for expansion there. Otherwise with no extension of the Flybe franchise in its current form looking likely and i'm presuming there being no chance of Stobart Air operating scheduled services under there own brand(?), the majority of the SEN fleet, including the E-jets will most likely become available for Ad-Hoc / Short-term ACMI business model.

Personally i could have still seen potential under the Flybe franchise partnership at SEN and even expanding opportunities elsewhere. Although with the increased competition at SEN with Ryanair arriving plus the partnership with Loganair at CAX, it's been looking all the more likely that Stobart's intentions weren't in it for the long term for some time. I'm sure all will become clearer soon anyway.