PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High On Final?
Thread: High On Final?
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2018, 11:06
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dogma, please do. Especially if it happened on the final approach stage, as you may have suggested by the title of the thread.

Also please read my sentence again. Saying there's no record of a flight with an orbit on that public, open data, website - which I certainly did, is very different from what you label me with. Show a pair, give us the date. You had the resolve to name the airline.

If it happened on a shortened base, under vectors above MRVA 5600' it is perfectly fine,
If it happened on the intermediate segment, over the published RACETRACK and NATKU HP(160°L MHA 6000') under severe CAVOK of the last month - different people different tastes, but still fine. (you never said unsafe, that's well observed!)

midnight cruiser: Comment noted, PANS-OPS VOL I table I-6-1-1 reviewed for the second time, which is where the number comes from, i.a.w. the "3" index note. Irrelevant to the thread, though I went un-necessarily far for that point.

About the distance limits: I think we may not be seeing the same HLDG in our respective paperwork. Cheers.

I'd still love to see Jepp / Navtech for that approach. Curious how the vertical profile and MNM altitudes are presented.

Last edited by FlightDetent; 29th Aug 2018 at 17:47. Reason: shortened for clarity; removed "professional" until I learn to spell it right