PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision) 2
Old 28th Aug 2018, 22:41
Chak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good news is that my blood test came back normal, no abnormalities in my blood, no traces of anemia or iron deficiency. The report is ready to be picked up tomorrow and I will be sending that to the AME as soon as possible. On track so far.

Originally Posted by abbas786

Hey i was in the same situation as yours, failed the medical due to the phoria. I have 3 diopters of hyperphoria the limit is 2, and on top of that i have 35 diopters of exophoria at near (the limit for near is 12) and 20 at distance (the limit for distance is 8). So as you can see im wayyyyyy out the limits, but i appealed to the CAA for a secondary review. After 6 months i got a letter from the CAA stating that im fit to fly because i have a strong prism fusion range so i dont have double vision (wich is the risk), the fresh class 1 medical was in the same letter btw.

So if you dont have double vision my advice is that you should elaborate your case well and than appeal to the CAA. They are flexible with phorias if you dont have double vision.
Hey Abbas,

This was a reply I was hoping for, someone who was in a near enough exact position as me, alongside making an appeal/review and everything working out fine in the end. 6 months is a long time to wait for the reply, but the wait was definitely worth the good news. I'm hoping to send the required reports which were asked by my AME, and hopefully, we get the secondary review process started.

Thanks.