PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High On Final?
Thread: High On Final?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2018, 11:43
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VinRouge
Can someone please direct me to the PANS OPS specification which permits me to swing in a 360 orbit on an instrument approach procedure
I can't quote chapter and verse, but presumably the published racetrack is permitted, otherwise, what would be the point of publishing an illegal procedure, right? So what would be the difference if you did a 360 in the same spot and at the same altitude you are authorized to do a 180, then a straight bit, then another 180?

Originally Posted by VinRouge
(get in everyone elses way) and just generally be a bit gash, in front of the rest of the flying community?
Umm, according to the OP, they requested the maneuver from ATC, If that was getting in anyone else's way, ATC wouldn't have approved it. How is doing a 360 any more in anyone's way, and any more being a gash, than getting ATC approval for flying the charted racetrack in the same location?

You folks are really starting to grasp at straws in your search for some justification to castigate this crew.

Seriously, I'm expecting at any moment for one of you to claim that they turned you into a newt.