PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bluetooth streaming and hifi audio
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2018, 05:04
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jimjim1
suitably hi quality data to the receiver - Digital data is digital data. Any bluetooth kit should be fine from that respect.
I disagree. Bluetooth is getting better but it is still very much a work in progress when it comes to compatibility, range and sound quality. It seems to me to be like wifi years ago where some combinations of equipment were interoperable, others were not. And Bluetooth audio devices will sometimes switch to a lower bandwidth telephone headset profile when you are trying to listen to music.

Bose is not known for their wireless connectivity, they seem to put an older Bluetooth standard, 4.1, even in the newer QC 35 II headphones. Apple and other manufacturers have gone to Bluetooth 5.0 which in my experience seems to connect much better both inside and outside a building.

Also, the Bose headphones and Bluetooth speakers don't seem to support a low latency codec so there will be a delay in many cases if you try to use them to watch a video.

As someone observed, complaining about audio quality in Bluetooth is like complaining about the quality of cheese on a Big Mac. Maybe the latest 5.0 standard will change that but I'm skeptical.

I've got a few of those USB Bluetooth dongles from the past few years. I would definitely get a Bluetooth 5.0 version these days even if the receiver doesn't support the latest and greatest standard. Bose will probably have Bluetooth 5.0 headphones when everyone else is on Bluetooth 7.0. I smell snake oil when the Audioengine B1 receiver quick start guide says to give the unit 40 to 50 hours of break-in time before doing any critical listening. Yeah, right.

I assume the listing in the link above above about the special fuses is April 1st parody:

For over one hundred years people believed electrons flowed like water through a pipe and that once "contaminated" by miles of wire, there was little or nothing that could be done to 'clean' the electricity feeding your components. Consider this: the electricity feeding your systems components first propagates through a single fuse. This is why significant gains are possible when you insert a Blue Fuse into each of your components.

Today physicists understand electrons don't flow at all but rather propagate in a wave of energy that moves along a conductor with a multitude of factors that alters this wave at the quantum level. To understand how electricity travels without electrons ever leaving their respective atoms it is helpful to consider the spectator wave at a football match. Even though you can clearly see a wave pattern moving from spectator to spectator as fans raise and then lower their hands (without hands jumping from one person to the next), so too does electricity ‘move’ without electrons ever leaving their atoms. Synergistic Research have isolated key factors that affect how electricity propagates by changing the behaviour of electrons through Inductive Quantum Coupling methods we collectively call UEF Tech. In fact, UEF Tech is so powerful even an electrical chain several miles long is fundamentally improved with nothing more than a single fuse engineered with there patented UEF Technology.
On the other hand, maybe there are folks who believe this stuff. I remember years ago some people swore that green markers would improve the sound of an audio compact disc.

Also, many of these USB Bluetooth dongles are plug and play with Windows 10 but some are not, check the user reviews. If the dongle is not plug and play you probably get a link to some Chinese web site with an obsolete driver that is unsigned and requires a PhD to install. Been there, done that, get the plug and play dongle.