PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bluetooth streaming and hifi audio
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2018, 22:59
FullOppositeRudder

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Good luck with this ambition. May you come across the right combination first try. Apologies for my cynicism, but I had a very frustrating few days when I decided to Bluetooth stream my computer audio to the serious music system in the next room. I got there but it was an experiment in finding the right dongle to play nicely with the Logitech Bluetooth receiver I chose. It became more frustrating when the dongle which worked with the Logitech device failed to communicate with my new Bose 35 headphones. They would only work with another (older) BT device. I was appalled that at this stage of the development of the science, there still appears to be some difference in the parameters needed for reliable Bluetooth communications. Then there is the matter of matching my Bluetooth phone to the audio system in our vehicles, but let's not go there.
I hope that someone else can offer a sure fire combination for you. I tried two before I hit upon a happy combination - a rather obscure Chinese product which has no discernible identification now that the package has been thrown out. Happily they are not all that expensive. So I wish you instant success with your first try. It does sound very nice when it's all working and it is worth the effort.

Best wishes,
FOR
(I won't go into the challenges in getting Garmin Glo GPS to work its magic with all of the devices I work with either).