PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nothing in the kitty
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2018, 13:55
Foxdeux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by unitedabx
On Friday I had the pleasure of having my lunch ( tuna and tomato sandwich and ginger ale ) sitting opposite a young woman who has recently joined CX from EK to improve pilot recruitment. She asked if I was a pilot (yes) and what fleet (777). I didn't know CX had 777's was her reply. I thought CX only operated Airbus. No I said that is Cathay Dragon. I reruit for them too was her answer. I bet you are struggling to meet your cadet quotas I asked. Yes she said and asked me for any suggestions. You get what you pay for I said. Up the package being offered and your numbers will improve and then tackle the many other issues to retain the pilots. We can't up the package she said "there isn't any money in the kitty for that". Pity I said because thats what it will take to get numbers rising. By the way why did you leave EK to join CX I asked. Her answer " a better package of course ".

Sometimes I really wonder how unqualified people can get these types of jobs. Didn't know CX operated 777's...............really? It's the backbone of their fleet you dumb b!tch.