PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To Danny and all - Polish airmen in the RAF
Old 27th Aug 2018, 13:44
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Franek Grabowski
Chris
There was a large group of Poles that served with the RAFVR in 1939/40, because law did not permitt foreign troops to be based in the UK. Following the fall of France, the law has been changed, and all of them were transferred to the Polish Air Force. Those who arrived at the time and later never served in the RAF. Post-war some joined RAF, and served for various periods.
I am interested in those with the airlines as well, I just did not want to do too much mess in the thread. Off hand I recall there was a Polish pilot flying in Caledonian until early 1980s. Few were in Eagle, but not sure if for that long.

TG
I will post a parallel thread there as well, thanks.
Kasprowiak and Garbuz are new to me, many thanks. Murky Murkowski was a well known person I think, he took part in early attempts to form a RAF display team, but I do not recall the name of the team. Do you have aircraft serials and any more stories?

Thanks
Franek
https://www.facebook.com/Franciszek-...1360809684411/
Kasprowiak was WF333, 4hr 5min and we were flying from RAF Topcliffe the AIR Electronics School. He might have been on the staff there.
Garbuz was WL672, 4hr 15min.
The Meteor was WS792.
​​​​​​