PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2018, 10:28
Propellerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by K.Loggins
How about as a doctor? My wife wants to go to Africa for a year to work and I can take a sabbatical year from work (easyJet). I have an ATPL but most of my 2500 hours are on the A320, is that interesting for these type of operators?
There are the odd airline guys now and then appearing on the bush scenery sometimes also for sabbatical... however I would think your personal CV does play a hugh role - without PIC hours and at least some commercial experience in small aircraft and operating in and out of gravel, it will be harder. So I would think you would have the same value as a guy fresh from flight-school - A320 experience is kind of from another universe. If your intention is to leave after 12-months, your chances will be very slim, as there is no value investing in you. As you still seem young, I would stay persuing my career on the A320 to be honest - going to Africa will adversely disrupt or affect your chosen path.

Apart from that, I can also advise not to make such career decisions according to please "the Mrs".