PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2018, 12:58
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AA product

Originally Posted by VickersVicount
... with AA perhaps for some of the reasons given- but for DL on JFK and their better regional product, they seem to be doing just fine would growing loads and expanded seasons.
Another minor point is repeat business on the AA 757, which once suffered is not likely to happen again unless it is someone else's money. The AA BHX-JFK often had sky high fares and low passenger loads making Heathrow an obvious choice in economy but I did mange to pick up a stupid fare in July and even then the plane was not full but what a product, just awful. I hope Rutan16 is correct for EDI's sake that their 757 days are numbered as they are truly woeful.

I still don't know to this day whether the PA system was broke on the outbound but absolutely nothing from the flight-deck. not a word for 7 hours 30 minutes. The crew, food, seats was average, there wasn't any IFE and the only positive is that they got me there and back on time with luggage. I was going to say lucky EDI losing JFK but if the same 757's are just moving to PHL then no such luck for those unsuspecting passengers booking it next year.

Also whilst waiting in line to be abused by JFK staff (by far one of the worst on the planet) on arrival I got talking to a BHX business class passenger who regularly flies to Bermuda (work base) from home (Shropshire) and he said AA and JFK is basically a toxic mix for transfers but he did it as he could fly from BHX rather than LHR but is always an ordeal.

Here in BHX it is hoped Delta try the 757 to JFK sooner rather than later as both EDI and GLA seems to be working and believe it or not the AA 757 back to BHX was around 50/50 US/UK pax split which was a shock as it is often perceived to be mainly UK based traffic but alas the load was only around 110-120 in peak season, which I suppose in reality won't inspire Delta to take the plunge even without competition.

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 26th Aug 2018 at 12:59. Reason: added text