PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2018, 12:48
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mik3bravo
All 1st world problems in the grand scheme of things. People get their knickers in a twist over some really very insignificant things when you look around the world at bigger life issues. Some just love a good old moan fest.
Not sure how the current policy is working at other airports but the recent flights I’ve taken with Ryanair from Belfast, Girona, Gdansk and Krakow have all been a much smoother boarding process. There has even been the luxury of overhead bin space left after boarding competed (on full aircraft!)

The issue with forcing people to buy priority and capping it at 95 is that unless you board first, you are not guaranteed to get your bag anywhere remotely close to your seat. How this elimates those aimlessly walking up and down the cabin to find space is beyond my comprehension and I’d be happy to hear the explanation? The current system works in my experience and it has improved the boarding process.

I predict chaos on board again with this change. The enivitable seat shuffle that occurs with the not so random seat assignments and now they re-introduce the mess in the cabin with overhead bin space issue. This is a step backwards in service my opinion, boarding during my recent flights has been painless. I’ve even been able to board last with my small cabin bag and still get it in the bin above my head. Obviously for MOL though, service doesn’t matter when providing a better one costs money. How long before management blame this on the pilots?