PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orderly Dog
Thread: Orderly Dog
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2018, 10:22
Old Bricks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was OO at Gatow one day while the Berlin Tattoo was on. The station and all the empty hangars were full of army personnel, horses etc up from "The Zone" as participants. Called to the guardroom late one evening as a soldier had been brought in, out of his brains, having tried to break up the NAAFI bar and take on all of the RAF Police. Had a look at him (from a sensible distance) and gave normal instructions to lock him up, supervise, call medics if necessary and I would sort out with army in the morning. Off to bed, then strolled down to guardroom at about 0700 to do one's duty. Asked Orderly Cpl how the man was. "No idea, sir. A very big and angry RSM came and got him at 0500." Thinking this is a bit of a cheek, disregarding RAF justice blah blah etc, passing RAF Police Cpl says - "I know where he is. One of the airfield mobile patrols is watching him running around the perimeter track pursued by an angry, big RSM in a Land Rover shouting at him all the time. He's been going round since 0500 - even the East German guards on the fence seem to be amused".
I left it at that. The army seemed to have everything under control.