PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Tornado GR1 cockpit project so far
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2018, 20:29
Jayviator

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Some made a left panel from MDF as they were doing a similar project to me but they gave up so now I got the panel, it was unpainted so today i painted it in battleship grey which seems to be a pretty good match, the gaps between the instruments are a bit wide but i think it would be hard to make it entirely accurate as there would be only a very thin piece of MDF between the holes probably quite difficult to cut it like that, its still a lot better than the cardboard! eventually i might make another panel, using this as a template but using a small amount of metal as a spacer between the instruments that way i can make it look more aunthentic. I finally got all the main flight instruments, the VSI is from an F3 but as far as I can tell its identical to the one used on the GR1 so i can accept that, I got a few other new bits as well, but they are for the side consoles, and other F3 part is the environment controls and yet another F3 part the angle of attack meter, again these both seem to be identical to the ones used in the GR1 and I am currently waiting for the fuel control panel , i dont know what aircraft that was fitted to but i think they are probably standard in all variants.